Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Son of a Maker


I was born the son of a maker. I did not realize this growing up. I thought everyone's dad made stuff. It was only later, that I realized my good fortune-- to grow up around someone  who seemed able to make anything and who was always making something. From the the house he built and still lives in today, to the riding lawnmower that looked like a  Mad Max vehicle, he built things not because he had to, but because he wanted to. While my creations pale in comparison to the things he built, I still love to create. It is what led me to get a degree in Industrial Design--the ultimate degree for makers. Now with the advent of the internet, I have yet another set of tools with which to create, using words and pictures. Another project. The story of my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I am creating this blog for several reasons, one, simply to create, and two, to serve as a journal of my many ongoing projects big and small that I want to make, am making, and have made

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me try this again...
    Aww, that is so sweet. What a nice tribute to your father. I know he is very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete